1. Heat the milk, butter, sugar, and salt until dissolved.
2. Cool until it is lukewarm.
3. While cooling dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of water.
4. Add yeast,vanilla, and beaten eggs to milk and gradually add 2 cups flour, beating batter thoroughly.
5. Add remaining flour. Knead well, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
6. Turn out lightly on floured board and roll 3/4 inch thick. Cut with doughnut cutter or biscuit cutter shaping into a ball, or make into twists.
7. Cover with a thin cloth and let rise on board until top is springy to touch of a finger.
8. Drop into hot fat 375 F (190 C) with the raised side down, so the top side will rise while under side cooks.
9. Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle sugar on top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (42g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 69.5mg||21 %|
|Sodium 47.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 45.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10.5g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 108
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!