1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugars. Stir in the cereal; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least 45 minutes (this allows the cereal to soften in the batter). If you don't want to use immediately, you can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
5. When ready to bake, divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, and then in refrigerator for up to another week.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (795g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 666 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.2g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 18.2g|
|Cholesterol 42.2mg||13 %|
|Sodium 3481.8mg||120 %|
|Potassium 1736mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 310g||91 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.9g||92 %|
|Sugars, other 287.1g|
|Protein 43.7g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2006
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!