1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside. Coat sixteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Make a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in buttermilk, brown sugar or substitute, and oil. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (the batter should be lumpy). Drain raisins. Gently fold raisins and carrot into batter.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cups. Serve warm. Makes 16 muffins.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (51g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16|
|Calories from Fat: 41 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 13.4mg||4 %|
|Sodium 118.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 163.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.7g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 21.9g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 140
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.