1. Preheat broiler or Gas Grill.
2. Broil the peppers, turning frequently, until skin has blackened on all sides. Remove from broiler and immediately put into a large brown-paper bag. Seal tightly. Allow peppers to steam in the sealed bag for about 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
3. When peppers are cool, remove from bag. Remove the blackened skin, stems and seeds, and cut the peppers, lengthwise into ?-inch-thick strips.
4. Let strips stand in a colander for at least 3 hours or until most of the moisture has drained off.
5. Combine peppers with oil, raisins, nuts, parsley, and, if using, garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour before serving at room temperature.
? 1998 by Frank Pellegrino
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (125g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 14 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 17.6mg||1 %|
|Potassium 295.3mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 8.3g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 62
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!