1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring raspberries, honey, stevia and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
2. Place a fine mesh strainer or sieve over a medium-size bowl. Pour the fruit mixture into the strainer and, using a flexible rubber spatula, press the pulp through the sieve.
3. Press firmly, and periodically scrape the inside of the sieve clear of seeds, which can otherwise block the holes. Do not waste any of the precious pulp. Continue to press until you are left with just 1 or 2 heaping tablespoons of stiff, clumped-together seeds.
Scrape the bottom of the strainer to get the pulp that sticks to it.
Use the seeds for "jam" on toast... yum!
4. With a wire whisk or sturdy spoon, stir in the orange juice or liqueur and stevia. For a sweeter taste, add an additional 1/8 teaspoon stevia extract powder or 1/4 teaspoon stevia extract liquid.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use within 1 week or freeze.
2 tablespoons: 37 calories, 8 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fat, 0 milligrams sodium
* FOR A THICKER SAUCE: Dissolve 2 tablespoon arrowroot (or xanthum gum?) in 2 Tbs cool or cold water. Add this to the sauce, then simmer over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring to thicken.
* BLACKBERRY SAUCE: Replace raspberries with blackberries in the master recipe above.
* BOYSENBERRY SAUCE: Replace raspberries with boysenberries in the master recipe above.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (314g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.7g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 444.5mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.1g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 16.1g||64 %|
|Sugars, other 35g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 206
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!