1) Chop the eggplants, zucchinis and capsicum into 2.5cm chunks
2) In a large saucepan fry these veg in batches using olive oil and a medium heat. Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil per batch and fry until beautifully caramelised then set aside (around 10 mins per batch)
3) While these veg are frying chop the onions into wedges, slice the garlic thinly and finely chop the basil stalks setting the leave aside. Also strip the thyme sprigs
4) Put the last batch of veg aside and add some more olive oil. Fry the onions, garlic, basil stalks and thyme until golden and softened but not cooked through (about 10 mins)
5) While the aromatics are frying chop the fresh tomatoes into rough chunks.
6) Return the cooked veg to the pan and stir in the fresh and tinned tomatoes, the balsamic and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
6) Mix well breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Cover the pan and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes then take the lid off and reduce until sticky and sweet
7) Tear in the basil leaves, finely grate in the lemon zest and adjust the seasoning if needed
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (411g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 22.5mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1001.9mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 12.7g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 93
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!