1) In a soup pot, combine: broth, lentils, onions, carrot, celery, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil over a medium heat. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, or until lentils become tender. Set aside to solo for 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, stir together the unsweetened non-dairy milk and the coconut extract. Set aside.
3) Pour half of the mixture in the pot into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return to pot with the rest of the mixture. Alternatively, blend briefly using an immersion blender.
4) Add the coconut mixture, tomato paste, ginger, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne to tast, and cinnamon to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour this mixture into the soup pot, cover, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
5) Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Ladle the soup into bowls and top wit h1/4 cup of the Apple-Celery Salsa (separate recipe).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2057g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1383 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 153.7g||205 %|
|Saturated Fat 93.6g||468 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 47.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 584.6mg||180 %|
|Sodium 2161.7mg||75 %|
|Potassium 6312.4mg||166 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 206.3g||61 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 205.2g|
|Protein 138.2g||197 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2729
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!