1. cut the red peppers into 1/4-inch strips and divide into 4 equal portions. set aside.
2. place one tortilla on a piece of waxed paper or paper towel.
3. using a table knife, spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese evenly over the tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch cheese-free border around the edge.
4. using a pastry brush, spread 1 teaspoon of mustard evenly over the cheese.
5. sprinkle 1/4 of the basil evenly over the cheese. sprinkle with a pinch of pepper.
6. place half of one portion of the red pepper strips in a single horizontal layer across the center of the tortilla.
7. place the other half of the red pepper strips in a single horizontal layer across the bottom of the tortilla, about 1 inch from the bottom.
8. starting at the bottom edge of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla as tightly as possible. making sure to keep the red pepper strips from slipping upwards. roll up completely.
9. wrap the rolled-up tortilla in a sheet of plastic wrap.
10. repeat steps 2 to 9 with the remaining tortillas. refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
11. when you are ready to serve, remove one tortilla roll from the plastic wrap.
12. using a sharp chef's knife, cut off the hollow ends of the tortilla on the diagonal and discard.
13. cut the tortilla roll into 12 evenly-sized pieces on the diagonal.
14. serve and enjoy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (5g)|
|Recipe Makes: 48|
|Calories from Fat: 8 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.9g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 2.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 22mg||1 %|
|Potassium 8.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.3g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 10
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.