A note from BigOven: You're using an outdated version of the BigOven iPad app. Upgrade to the all-new universal app by looking for BigOven in the App Store today! This outdated legacy app will be going away by February 28, 2017, as we focus our efforts on the universal app that runs on iPhone and iPad. Don't worry, all your BigOven information transfers instantly to the new app when you sign in.
Source: Terry Guyette Family Recipe
1. Cream shortening, sugar, add eggs, beat 1 minute
2. Put cocoa, red coloring in cup, make paste, add to egg (mixture)
3. Add salt to spry and sugar mixture
4. Add vanilla in buttermilk, add slowly to mixture alternately with flour
5. Combine vinegar, soda, blend in, do not beat
6. Bake in 2 greased 9" pans at 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes,
cool, then cut each layer in half to make four layers.
FROSTING FOR THE RED VELVET CAKE
1. Mix 2 cups milk, 10 tablespoons of flour, cook until thick,
cool in refrigerator.
2. Beat 2 cups of confectionary sugar, 2 cups of spry (Crisco) until
creamy, add 2 tablespoons vanilla, add to mixture.
3. Make sure flour and milk mixture is cool before putting
other ingredients in. Put frosting between the layers and top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1561g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 185 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.6g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.9g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 67.6mg||21 %|
|Sodium 84482.4mg||2913 %|
|Potassium 1580mg||42 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 376.7g||111 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 376.3g|
|Protein 32.4g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1856
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!