1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
3. Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk. Add remaining liquid ingredients (oil, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, food coloring) and whisk until blended. Set aside.
4. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and blend on medium-high until completely combined (about 1 minute).
6. Pour batter into cake pans, then drop pans on counter a couple of times to remove air bubbles.
7. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
8. Let cakes cool about 10 minutes in pans, then remove to cool completely on wire racks.
9. Once completely cool, frost cakes. Goes best with cream cheese frosting (http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/cream-cheese-frosting/2093320).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2695g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13389 (93%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1487.7g||1984 %|
|Saturated Fat 287.7g||1439 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 406.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 717g|
|Cholesterol 507.7mg||156 %|
|Sodium 117441.4mg||4050 %|
|Potassium 1260.3mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 260.7g||77 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 252g|
|Protein 49.4g||71 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 14423
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!