Try this Red Wine Jus recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Toss vegetables with canola oil and roast until well browned.
2. Place veal bones in large stock pot with vegetables. Fill with cold water and bring to a boil.
3. Once a boil is reached, skim off any surface scum. Add remaining ingredients except wine and diced onions and turn down to a simmer.
4. Allow to simmer for 24 hours. Strain and chill. Do not discard solids.
5. Refill pot and allow to simmer for a further 24 hours. Strain and chill.
6. Caramelize diced onions. Add red wine and reduce until nearly dry. Add all strained liquids.
7. Reduce to desired consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (32041g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1480 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 164.5g||219 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.4g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 94.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 46.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1891.3mg||65 %|
|Potassium 18688.8mg||492 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 950.5g||280 %|
|Dietary Fiber 217.2g||869 %|
|Sugars, other 733.2g|
|Protein 110.3g||158 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5328
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.