1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. lightly grease 2 - 9inch layer pans.
3. In large bowl mix well together flour, sugar and shortening. Add milk and flavoring gradually. Scrape bowl frequently. Add unbeaten eggs and beat another 2 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into pans and bake for 35 min. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
5. Cool 20 min before removing from pan.
6. Be sure cake is cooled completely before icing
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (157g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 34.6mg||11 %|
|Sodium 1600.8mg||55 %|
|Potassium 175.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 105.8g||31 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 102.4g|
|Protein 13.5g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 554
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.