1. Grease an 8 or 9 inch square glass baking dish.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F.
3. Cover the bottom of the dish with the chopped rhubarb.
4. In a bowl mix 3/4 cup of sugar with the melted butter, baking powder, salt, Vanilla extract, Almond extract, milk and flour. Add a little more milk if it is too thick to easily pour. Pour mixture over fruit in pan.
5. In a small bowl mix 1 cup of sugar with the cornstarch until well blended. Sprinkle over the mixture in the pan.
6. Pour boiling water gently over the top of the cake.
7. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Top should be firm with bubbling liquid sauce around sides.
8. Let cool slightly before serving. This dessert is delicious with vanilla ice cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (176g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 17.8mg||5 %|
|Sodium 16344.3mg||564 %|
|Potassium 172.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 28.2g|
|Protein 1.5g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 177
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!