1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2.
2. Make a syrup by mixing together the water and 100g sugar in a saucepan and heating it, stirring now and then, until the sugar dissolves.
3. Bring the syrup to the boil, add the rhubarb and cook it for three minutes in the syrup. Set aside to cool.
4. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining caster sugar. Whisk until light and fluffy and trebled in volume.
5. Fold in the cream and the lemon zest and season with nutmeg.
6. Strain the rhubarb and spread it the base of the blind-baked short-crust pastry case.
7. Pat down the rhubarb and then pour over the custard.
8. Dust the rhubarb flan with icing sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
9. Serve with cream or cr?me fraiche.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (158g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 73 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.1g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 270.8mg||83 %|
|Sodium 91.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 249.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 27.1g|
|Protein 8.5g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 214
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.