MISE EN PLACE: Coat a 38x25x2.5-cm (15x10x1-inch) pan with cooking spray and set aside; Break pretzel sticks in half
1) In a large saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring, drop by drop until "christmas tree green" color is reached.
2) Quickly stir in rice krispies until well coated. Press into pan (using buttered spatula) and allow to cool.
3) Slice pan down the middle lengthwise and then cut each half into alternating triangles.
4) Using royal icing, secure a pretzel on the bottom of each tree (don't worry, it's the back) and let harden.
5) Flip trees over and decorate generously with themed sprinkles.
Microwave: In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes. Stir and heat 1 more minute. Stir until smooth, then add food coloring. Continue with step 2.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Treat (11g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 4.5mg||1 %|
|Sodium 88.4mg||3 %|
|Potassium 9.8mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 7.1g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 48
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.