1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium oven-safe saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
3. add onion and cook, stirring, until soft (about 3-4 minutes)
4. Add rice and cook stirring until opaque and nutty in aroma (about 2 minutes)
5. Add scallions, thyme, chicken stock, salt and bring to a boil.
6. Cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Using oven mitts transfer to oven and bake until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (25-30 minutes)
7. remove pan from oven and let sit undisturbed for 5- 10 minutes.
8. Fluff rice with a fork and serve immediately
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 12.6mg||4 %|
|Sodium 116.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 135.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 14.7g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 120
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.