1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan at medium high heat. Add the onion, celery and mushrooms and stir occasionally for at least 5 minutes until they are softened.
2. Mix the water with the broth powder or cube to dissolve, forming a broth, and pour into a large pot
3. Put the contents of the frying pan into the large pot, and add the cooked onions, celery, and mushrooms, and the rice. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil on high, reduce to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and add the frozen vegetables and stir together quickly, replacing the lid and continuing to simmer for 10 more minutes.
6. Remove from heat, remove the lid, and stir before serving.
This recipe can be easily doubled for larger groups or to give you leftovers!
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (286g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 58mg||2 %|
|Potassium 332.7mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 43.8g|
|Protein 6.3g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 241
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!