1. Preheat the saucepan then add in the rice, light cream and milk. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and be sure to stir frequently.
2. Reduce to very low heat and cover the pan. Simmer the rice for 1 hour until the rice is very soft and has absorbed most of the liquid. Be sure to stir occasionally.
3. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add in the egg yolks and beat them quickly. And in the sugar and orange rind then combine and stir well.
5. Return the pan to low heat and continue cooking until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. To serve, spoon the rice pudding mixture into a serving dish and sprinkle the grated nutmeg over it. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (816g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 777 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 86.4g||115 %|
|Saturated Fat 34.4g||172 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.2g|
|Cholesterol 3399.7mg||1046 %|
|Sodium 222mg||8 %|
|Potassium 1047.2mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 294.2g||87 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 288.6g|
|Protein 58.1g||83 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2175
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.