1. Mix the flour, ricotta, egg yolks, parmesan, nutmeg and seasoning together in a large bowl to form a soft, moist dough.
2. Tip the mixture out onto a floured work surface and knead for 3-5 minutes. Roll the dough into a long, thin sausage shape, then cut into dumplings about 2cm/1in long.
3. Cook the dumplings for 3-4 minutes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water.
4. Meanwhile for the sauce, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic and chilli for one minute, then remove the pan from the heat and add the plum tomatoes.
5. Return the pan to the heat, bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
6. Remove the dumplings from the pan with a slotted spoon and add them to the tomato sauce.
7. To serve, spoon the dumplings onto a serving plate and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (450g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 493 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54.8g||73 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.7g||84 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 1282.7mg||395 %|
|Sodium 295.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 667.9mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.8g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 51.2g|
|Protein 32.6g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 837
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!