1. Heat the butter and oil in a large, straight-sided saute pan. Add the onion and saute until soft. Do not brown.
2. Add the rice and saute until well coated with the fat.
3. Using a 6-oz ladle, add one ladle of stock to the rice. Stir the rice over medium heat until the stock is absorbed and the rice is almost dry.
4. Add another ladle of stock and repeat the procedure. Do not add more than one ladleful of stock at a time.
5. Stop adding stock when the rice is tender but still firm. It should be very moist and creamy, but not runny. The cooking should take about 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the raw butter and parmesan cheese. Salt to taste.
Prepare as in basic recipe, but add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 1 cup of stock near the end of the cooking.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (197g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 80 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 23.7mg||7 %|
|Sodium 355.5mg||12 %|
|Potassium 191.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 39.9g|
|Protein 9.7g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 289
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!