1. Saute onion and garlic in oil and butter in a casserole dish on medium heat until onion is transparent.
2. Add rice and stir until rice has absorbed all the oil and butter.
3. Add chicken consommé and bring to a boil on high heat.
4. Season with Salt and Pepper.
5. Put casserole dish, partly covered, in oven and bake at 350ºF for 18 – 20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
** I sometimes add Chives, Parsley to the rice along with the Water.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (118g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 5.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 17mg||1 %|
|Potassium 210.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 90.1g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 87.6g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 446
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!