1. Trim the beets as necessary, but leave the root and 1"-2" of the stems attached. Wash well
2. Place in a baking pan and roast at 375 F. until tender, about 1 hour for large beets. Test by piercing with a thin-bladed knife.
3. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
4. Trim the beet greens, discarding the stems. Wash well in several changes of water, and drain.
5. Blanch the greens in boiling water salted water. Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain again. Squeeze out excess water.
6. Chop the greens coarsely.
7. Peel the roasted beets. Cut into small dice.
8. Heat the butter in a saute pan. Add the diced beets and chopped greens and saute` until hot.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 35 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 10.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 112.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 289.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 42
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!