1. Wash, trim and halve Brussels sprouts and place in a large bowl.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Slice bacon crosswise into 1/2" wide strips and cook in large saucepan under medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon fat.
4. Add 3-4 tablespoons of the fat to the sprouts, along with garlic and ginger. Toss.
5. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and place sprouts, cut side down, on sheets. Roast sprouts for 15 - 20 minutes, rotating and shaking pan(s) every 5 minutes.
6. Remove sprouts and return to bowl. Add seasonings, vinegar and bacon bits. Stir to coat. Can be refrigerated for a day.
7. To re-heat, place in serving bowl and warm in a 350 degree oven, stirring occasionally. Add aromatic herbs before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (266g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 160 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.7g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.8g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 25.7mg||8 %|
|Sodium 371.9mg||13 %|
|Potassium 968.9mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 12.3g|
|Protein 12.1g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 273
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!