1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheight.
2) Halve squash lengthwise and seed, then cut crosswise into 1-1/2" wide
slices and season with salt. Roast slices, skin side down, in a shallow
baking pan in middle of oven until tender and golden, aout 50 minutes.
3) Set aside 6 crescent-shaped squash slices for serving and keep warm.
Cut flesh from remaining slices into 1/2" pieces, discarding skin.
4) After squash has been roasting 40 minutes, start the risotto. Bring
broth to a simmer and keep at a bare simmer, covered.
5) Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in a 4-quart heavy pot over moderate
heat, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add rice, garlic, and
cumin and cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
6) Stir in 1/2 cup simmering broth and cook at a strong simmer, stirring
frequently, until broth is absorbed. Continue simmering and adding
broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each addition
be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is creamy-looking
but still al dente (it should be the consistency of thick soup), about
18 minutes total. (There will be leftover broth.)
7) Stir in squash pieces, then stir in cheese, salt, sage, and arugula
and simmer, stirring, 1 minutes. (If necessary, thin risotto with
some leftover broth.)
8) Serve risotto immediately, spooned over reserved squash slices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (550g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 51 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 14.1mg||4 %|
|Sodium 1007.1mg||35 %|
|Potassium 1002.7mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.3g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 60.7g|
|Protein 10.7g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 352
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!