1. Make 4-5 incisions in the eggplant then roast in the oven or on the grill (indirect heat) at about 425º F for 30-40 minutes until soft to the point of collapsing.
2. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin and chop the flesh.
3. Toast the nuts briefly until fragrant, then coarsely chop.
4. Coarsely pound the garlic with salt until smooth. Add the dill and the olive oil and process into a paste. Then add the eggplant and work until to your desired consistency.
5. Fold in the yogurt and nuts, and season to taste with pepper. Serve at room temperature with toasts, or with blanched vegetables.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (160g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.6g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 0.9mg||0 %|
|Sodium 60.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 459.4mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 5.8g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 155
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!