1. Preheat oven to 250º.
2. Place pecans one to two layers on a deep cookie sheet or roaster.
3. Bake pecans at 250º for 30 minutes and stir only once.
4. Melt butter in the last few minutes of baking the pecans.
5. Remove pecans from oven and pour melted butter over the pecans.
6. Stir butter and pecans well.
7. Return pecans to oven for another 40 minutes and stir at least three (3) times during the 40 minutes.
8. Remove pecans from oven and add at least 1 teaspoon salt or to taste.
9. Return pecans to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Remove pecans from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (121g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 784 (94%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 87.1g||116 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 46.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 23.9g|
|Cholesterol 22.9mg||7 %|
|Sodium 62mg||2 %|
|Potassium 468.3mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.1g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||43 %|
|Sugars, other 5.2g|
|Protein 10.2g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 833
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.