on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, in Clayton. Photo by Laurie Skrivan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie Skrivan •
Yield: 4 servings
2½4 pounds garden-fresh radishes (see notes)
2 tablespoons good olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
8 thick slices rustic bread (see notes)
1 raw garlic clove
Notes: Pastaria recommends radishes from the farmers market, any variety that’s really fresh. For the best explanation of an oblique cut, Petres recommends “The French Laundry Cookbook” by Thomas Keller. We found this explanation: bit.ly/1JXQm8b
• For bread, Pastaria uses a crusty loaf of pugliese from Companion.
1. Trim radishes and oblique cut them (or slice on diagonal).
2. In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil until shimmery on medium high heat. Stir in radishes, turning to coat with oil. As soon as radishes begin to take on color, reduce the heat a bit and begin seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook until almost soft. Deglaze pan with lemon juice, letting juices turn ruby-red. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in mint.
3. While radishes cook, grill bread slices on a wood-fired or other grill. When golden, rub surfaces with garlic clove; it should smell like garlic bread.
4. To serve Pastaria-style, mound warm radishes atop warm bread slices, stacking the edge of 1 slice on the edge of another.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!