1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium-low heat.
2. Stir in flour gradually, mixing well. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Slowly whisk in milk. Simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
4. With a hand blender or food processor, puree red peppers.
5. Stir red pepper puree into sauce, mixing well.
6. Just before serving, stir in parmigiano and stir until melted.
7. Add drained pasta to sauce.
8. Serve pasta with more fresh parmigiano and chopped basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (69g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.6g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 5.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 1.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 78.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 46.5g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.