1. Roast peppers on sheet of tinfoil on baking tray in oven at 170°C for about 20 minutes (or until skin becomes blackened and wrinkled).
2. Saute (in olive oil) roughly chopped onions, carrots, garlic cloves and diced potato in deep saucepan until softened (5-10 minutes).
3. Reduce heat and add herbs mix. Cover pot and allow to roast in splash of water for 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock and allow to soften further.
5. Remove peppers from oven and place in bowl covered with cling film for 10minutes.
6. One by one, peel skins from peppers on separate plate and remove seeds.
7. Slice roughly and add to pot. Pour excess pepper juice from bowl into pot.
8. Add splash of white wine and allow for vegetables to soften further.
9. When satisfied that enough taste has been soaked by the vegetables, remove from heat and blend using hand blender.
10. Serve hot with brown bread and/or some stirred-in sour cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (322g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 4.1mg||1 %|
|Sodium 208.5mg||7 %|
|Potassium 604.7mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 17.7g|
|Protein 5.7g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 131
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.