haven't tried yet
Heat oven to 425*F
1. Arrange squash and pears in a large roasting pan with all but a few slices of ginger.
2. Brush with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt.
3. Bake 1 hour turning occasionally
4. Remove pan from oven and scrape flesh of the squash from skins into bowl ( about 2 cups)
5. Add 1 cup water to pan and let sizzle, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to a bowl and reserve.
6. To make stock, bring 6 cups water to a boil and add seeds, and eventually the squash skins, the remaining ginger and 1/2 tsp salt.
7. Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
8. Meanwhile in a large soup pot over medium heat, warm remaining 2 tbsp oil.
9. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring frequently
10. Cook about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Add roasted pears, ginger, squash and reserved deglazing liquid.
12. Strain stock and add to squash mixture
13. Bring to a boil, lower and simmer, covered for 25 min.
14. Cool briefly and them puree till smooth.
15 Add dollop of sour cream
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (349g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 131 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.6g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 9.8mg||3 %|
|Sodium 32mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1091.5mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 24.2g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.