1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Peel and coarsely chop the sweet potatoes. Place on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything to coat and place in the preheated oven. Let roast for 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes and roast for an additional 10-20 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa under fresh water to remove the bitter coating. In a saucepan, combine the quinoa with stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover the pan with a lid.
3. Turn heat all the way down and cook covered for 15 minutes or until the water has been completely absorbed.
4. Turn off the heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
5. Toss the cooked quinoa with sweet potato in a large bowl. Allow to cool.
6. Meanwhile, prep the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) together. Slowly add the olive oil while stirring briskly. Whisk in the lemon juice.
7. Peel and chop the avocados. Add to the sweet potato-quinoa mixture along with the dried cranberries.
8. Just before serving, add dressing and serve.
This is vegetarian and vegan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (391g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 240 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.7g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 411mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1042.9mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.7g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.9g||48 %|
|Sugars, other 52.9g|
|Protein 11.7g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 525
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!