1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Put the vegetables into a large baking dish along with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Don't hold back. Toss the veg to coat well.
3. Place in the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables start to brown. Cover with foil, reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F) and bake for another 30 minutes, until the veg are soft.
4. Remove the dish from the oven; take out the garlic cloves and set aside.
5. Put the vegetables into a large pot, along with the stock. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the soup, add the basil pesto, and stir with a wooden spoon.
6. Use a hand blender or food processor to blitz the soup. If necessary, use water to achieve desired consistency. Check seasoning and serve hot or cold with crusty bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1858g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 156 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.3g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 13.6mg||4 %|
|Sodium 942.6mg||33 %|
|Potassium 3859.9mg||102 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 90g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.4g||90 %|
|Sugars, other 67.6g|
|Protein 27.5g||39 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 585
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.