1. Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cut 1 chile pepper in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins. Chop the chile and add to the onions; saute until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Allow the chile mixture to cool, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the puree to the pot. Seed and chop the roasted chile and add to the soup along with the lime juice.
3. Ladle soup into bowls. Then lay a Quesadilla Crouton in the soup and top with a dollop of Cilantro Sour Cream.
1. Lay 2 tortillas on a working surface. Divide the cheese between the tortillas. Sprinkle the cumin among the tortillas. Top each with the remaining 2 tortillas. Place on grill and cook until golden brown on the outside and the cheese starts to melt.
2. Cut the quesadillas into 1/2-inch strips. Then cut each strip on an angle to create 2 smaller strips.
Cilantro Sour Cream:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (364g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 244 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.1g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 31.7mg||10 %|
|Sodium 1491.5mg||51 %|
|Potassium 648.2mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 109.3g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 101.2g|
|Protein 21.9g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 769
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!