1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
3. Place drained tomatoes onto the prepared baking sheet with the onion, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, and salt (to taste).
4. Toss together to combine.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 min, stirring half way through. (Didn't have oven so cooked in cover skillet and worked fine).
6. Pour the roasted vegetables, dried basil, bay leaf, reserved tomato juices, and broth into a medium sized sauce pan.
7. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Blend in high powered blender until smooth. (adding leftover half and half or milk works, too).
10. Serve with heavy cream or sour cream on top as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (330g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 516mg||18 %|
|Potassium 76.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.2g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 18.8g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 108
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!