1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Peel the pears and slice them lengthwise into halves. With a small sharp paring knife and a melon baller, remove the core and seeds from each pear, leaving a round well for the filling. Trim a small slice away from the rounded sides of each pear half so that they will sit in the baking dish without wobbling. Toss the pears with some lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. Arrange them, core side up, in a baking dish large enough to hold the pears snugly.
3. Gently toss the crumbled gorgonzola, dried cranberries and pecans together in a small bowl. Divide the mixture among the pears, mounding it on top of the indentation.
4. In the same small bowl, combine the apple cider, chicken stock, and brown sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture over and around the pears. Bake the pears, basting occasionally with the cider mixture, for 30 minutes, or until tender. Set aside until warm or at room temperature.
5. Just before serving, whisk together the olive oil, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of the basting liquid in a large bowl. Divide the arugula and turkey among 4 plates and top each with a pear half. Drizzle each pear with some of the basting liquid, sprinkle with salt, and serve warm.
6. Pair with Molson Canadian 67 or other light beers. The subtle fruit tones of Molson Canadian 67 resonate beautifully with the pears and the light refreshing flavour cuts through the richness of the gorgonzola cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (366g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 0.7mg||0 %|
|Sodium 96.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 618.9mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 49.5g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 271
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!