1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a frying pan. Combine mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in the pan and cook 15-20 minutes until almost all of the moisture has evaporated and the onion mixture is carmelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Lay the flank steak on a cutting board and spread the onion mixture over it evenly.
3. Sprinkle the spinach on top, followed by the provolone slices.
4. Press down gently.
5. Starting at the bottom of the steak, roll up tightly, making sure the grain if the meat runs horizontally.
6. Use 6 toothpicks to secure the meat.
7. Slice into 6 equal rolls.
8. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat and sear on one side for 1-2 minutes. Flip and sear 1 minute on remaining side.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until medium rare. Remove toothpicks and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (337g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 242 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.9g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 81.9mg||25 %|
|Sodium 788mg||27 %|
|Potassium 783.1mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 10.3g|
|Protein 44.8g||64 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 471
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!