Preheat oven to 200°F. as soon as it reaches 200° turn oven off.
1. In a mixing bowl add flour, gluten, yeast, brown sugar, malt powder, onion powder powdered, cheese and salt and mix with a whisk.
2. With dough hook attachment start mixer on low and slowly add warm beer and mix until all combined.
3. Kneed with dough hook on #2 for 12 minutes, dough will attach to hook. If mixture seems too dry add a little water a tablespoon at a time. Dough should not be too sticky and not dry.
4. Remove from mixer and shape into a ball and coat with flour, place back into bowl and cover with a towel and place into the warm oven for 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven and preheat oven to 400°F.
6. Separate dough into equal pieces and shape into bagels.
7. Place bagels on a lightly oil sheet pan and cover with towel and let rise for 20 minutes.
8. With water and baking soda simmering place bagels 2 at a time into water for 1 minute and turn for another minute.
9. Place on cooling rack for a minute or so and place in a sprayed sheet pan. Place a slice of cheese on each bagel.
10. Place in oven for 12 minutes turn tray halfway through.
For more cheesy flavor add 1 tsp. Dry mustard.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (566g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 731 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 81.2g||108 %|
|Saturated Fat 50.3g||252 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 209.2mg||64 %|
|Sodium 984.8mg||34 %|
|Potassium 204.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 104.8g||31 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 101.4g|
|Protein 24.3g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.