* Let the beets come to room temperature. We’re going to be mixing the beets with coconut oil. If they’re too cold the coconut oil will clump, which is why you want them to be at room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place rosemary, garlic powder and salt in a clean coffee grinder and pulse until you have a semi-fine powder. Set aside.
3. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the beets into very thin pieces.
4. Place them in a large, shallow bowl or pan and drizzle with 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
5. Using your hands, mix the oil and beets together until the beets are thoroughly coated. Add another 1-2 tablespoons of oil if needed.
6. Spread beet slices in a single layer over two parchment paper-lined baking sheets and sprinkle with rosemary salt. You may not need all the salt – if not, use it to make something else delicious.
7. Place in the oven with the racks in the center and lower positions and bake at 350F for 10 minutes, then rotate the baking sheets in the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Rotate again and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes and begin checking the chips every 3-5 minutes so they don’t burn. Baking times will vary depending on how thin the chips are. Remove them when the edges are crispy and just slightly brown. Chips on outside edges of the baking sheet may cook more quickly and need to be removed while the ones in the center finish baking.
Repeat steps five and six with any beet slices you may have left over, then chow down.
Mandole, sharp knife or mixer attachment for making thin slices
Coffee or spice Grinder
Medium Mixing Bowl
Two Baking Sheets
Note: If left out overnight these chips may become soft. To make them crisp again, bake at 325 for about 5 minutes, remove from heat and let them sit on the hot baking sheet for 5 more minutes.
Recipe copied from Mommypatomus
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (65g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 62 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 346.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 186.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 3.9g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 84
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.