1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, semolina flour (or cornmeal), pine nuts, rosemary and baking powder in a large bowl, mixing until the rosemary is evenly distributed throughout.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar, oil and salt in a medium bowl just until combined and uniform (but not until the sugar dissolves).
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 12-by-2 1/2-inch log. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325F. Slice the log crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place them cut-side down on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and continue baking for 10 minutes more. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per biscotti : 153 Calories; 7 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 4 g Mono; 21 mg Cholesterol; 19 g Carbohydrates; 3 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 121 mg Sodium; 56 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
* Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
* Tip: Look for semolina flour, a nutty-tasting coarse flour milled from durum wheat, in natural-foods stores and Italian specialty markets.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (81g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20|
|Calories from Fat: 173 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.2g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.4g|
|Cholesterol 105.8mg||33 %|
|Sodium 190.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 89.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 32.7g|
|Protein 5.7g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 324
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!