Pork Medallions are really tasty, easy to make and yet taste and look like they are from a gourmet restaurant. If your new to cooking from scratch for your family you will love the ease of this and they will think your a master chef.
Read the whole recipe before thinking you can't do this. It may look like it's hard because there seems to be a large number of ingredients but it is deceptively simple to make.
To Make Filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl
To Make Pork Loin:
1. Butterfly Loin (see notes below if unsure how to do this)
2. Pre-Heat oven to 350
3. Sprinkle half of the Salt and Pepper on the open inside of the loin
4. Spread the filling evenly across inside of loin leaving 1/2 inch border
5. Roll the loin up to wrap filling
6. Use 5 pieces of twine to tie the loin together. Space the twine evenly to make six pieces of meat.
7. Rub outside of loin with oil and coat with remaining salt and pepper.
8. Place in a small roasting pan (bread pan can substitute.)
9. Roast for 1 hour (Or until juices are run clear and thermometer is at 155 F.)
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving (this lets it both cool and finish cooking)
I'd cut each piece with the string in the middle of the piece to keep it from opening. Once plated the twine will easily pull off or can be cut and unwound to remove.
Substitution: Sage can be switched out for the same amount of Fresh minced Thyme
TO BUTTERFLY: Cut the meat down the middle almost all the way through leaving it intact at the bottom. Then on the right side turn the knife sideways and slice from the inside toward the outside in the middle of the right side. Then repeat on the left side. You will have three cuts total. One straight down and one horizontal on each side without cutting the pieces of meat apart.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (161g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 128 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.3g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 83.2mg||26 %|
|Sodium 87.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 659.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 33.3g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 275
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!