1. Saute the diced bacon and onions together until slight translucent and set aside.
2. Lay out each piece of meat on a clean surface.
3. Brush each Roulade with the hot mustard.
4. Lay a pickle or pickle half at the short end of each piece of meat. (optional)
5. Distribute the bacon/onion mixture evenly across each piece of meat.
6. Sprinkle the surface of each piece of meat with minced parsley.
7. Sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste.
8. Begin to roll up the meat beginning at the short (pickle) end.
9. Tick in the outer edges and secure the roll with a couple of long toothpicks or by using butchers twine or something similar to keep the roll together during the cooking.
10. In your pressure cooker add enough oil to barely cover the bottom. When the oil is hot add three of the Rouladen and brown each piece until brown on all sides. Remove the first three Rouladen and brown the remaining pieces. Remove these as well. You may drain any remaining oil in the pressure cooker, but don't clean the pot.
11. If using Rouladen fix, add 6 cups of water to the Pressure Cooker and 4 packages of M&K Rouladen Fix. (If not using the Fix, see below*.)
12. Wisk until the Fix sauce mixture is well mixed with the water and bring the sauce to a low boil.
13. Allow to simmer until slightly thickened, stirring continuously.
14. Return the 6 Rouladen to the pot and place the cover on the pressure cooker and seal/lock it.
15. Bring the heat up under the Pressure Cooker and when the ring on the pressure cooker reaches the second orange ring, reduce the heat and set the timer to 20 minutes.
16. After 20 minutes remove Pressure Cooker from the heat and either allow pressure to drop by itself while you make last minute touches to the side dishes, or use the release valve to allow pressure to escape until you are able to open the cover.
17. Remove the meat and snip off any twine or slowly remove picks.
18. Slice each Roulade in half on the diagonal so you can see the insides and place on a serving platter.
19. Cover with gravy or serve gravy in a gravy boat.
*To make your own gravy add 6 cups of beef stock, one bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. After pressure cooking and removing the Rouladen, thicken the liquid with a roux of flour and butter, cornstarch and water. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (5190g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 400363mg||13806 %|
|Potassium 14961.1mg||394 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 189.1g||56 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 188.9g|
|Protein 262.5g||375 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1816
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!