1. Cook unpeeled potatoes, carrots and beets in enough water to cover, plus an inch or so. Cook beets in a separate pot. Vegetables are ready when easily pierced with a fork (25-40 minutes). Drain cooking liquid and let cool.
2. Peel the potatoes, beets and carrots. Chop into 1/2inch cubes, combine.
3. Add green peas, chopped onion and chopped pickles.
4. Mix in olive oil, adjusting the quantity until vegetables are barely coated.
5. Let sit for at least an hour so that potatoes get beet-red. for an hour.
Healthy delicious vegetarian recipe. Sour cream or mayo can be substituted for olive oil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1911g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 152 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.9g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 531.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 6072.6mg||160 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 248.9g||73 %|
|Dietary Fiber 52.1g||209 %|
|Sugars, other 196.7g|
|Protein 38.7g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1225
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!