1. Grind washed and unpeeled zucchini using a manual grinder or food processor on large.
2. Place in a large mixing bowl, mix well with 1-2 dashes of salt. Leave for about 20 minutes until the excess juice comes out. Drain, pressing slightly.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a large flat-bottomed skillet on medium heat. There should be a thin layer of oil/butter.
4. Mix in the egg and flour, add remaining salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon several 1-tablespoons of batter onto the skillet and flatten a bit with the spoon. Fry about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden-brown.
6. Add more oil/butter between batches.
7. Serve with sour cream.
Draining the grated zucchini is very important, otherwise the pancakes will be too moist and will not hold together. Each serving is 2 pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 101 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.2g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 48.2mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1130.9mg||39 %|
|Potassium 412.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 13.3g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 176
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.