1. Grind washed and unpeeled zucchini using a manual grinder or food processor on large.
2. Place in a large mixing bowl, mix well with 1-2 dashes of salt. Leave for about 20 minutes until the excess juice comes out. Drain, pressing slightly.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a large flat-bottomed skillet on medium heat. There should be a thin layer of oil/butter.
4. Mix in the egg and flour, add remaining salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon several 1-tablespoons of batter onto the skillet and flatten a bit with the spoon. Fry about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden-brown.
6. Add more oil/butter between batches.
7. Serve with sour cream.
Draining the grated zucchini is very important, otherwise the pancakes will be too moist and will not hold together. Each serving is 2 pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 101 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.2g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 48.2mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1130.9mg||39 %|
|Potassium 412.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 13.3g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 176
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!