1. Preheat oven to 375 (350 for convection oven). Line a 13 x 9-in baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides by 1 inch. Grease foil with 1 tbsp butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until blended (mixture will be dry). Press firmly into bottom of pan.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
4. In a large heavy saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Boil 2 minutes, without stirring. Stir in butter and cream; return to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Spread evenly over crust.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbly. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Discard foil; cut into bars.
Notes: Use heavy-duty foil to line the pan. For nuts, I used pistachios, some macadamia nuts, and the rest mixed salted nuts (without peanuts). I tried to remove the Brazil nuts because they are so much larger than the others. Don't bake it too long the second time, or it will become very hard.
Nutrition (from the recipe, Taste of Home, December, 2013): 199 cal; 13 g fat (4 g sat fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 18 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (44g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 88 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.8g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 25.2mg||8 %|
|Sodium 74.2mg||3 %|
|Potassium 83.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 17.6g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 167
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!