1. dissolve the yeast in the warm water with the molasses =. Put the yeast mixture into a large metal bowl.
2. Add caraway seeds, salt, vegetable oil, cocoa powder, 2 cups rye flour and then 2 cups of baking flour, into the yeast mixture, after each addition mix with wooden spoon.
3. Add more flour a cup at a time until the dough is not so sticky and it is too hard to mix with a wooden spoon. At that point spread flour out on table and put the dough onto the surface.
4. knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
5.spread some vegetable oil around a large bowl place dough in bowl turning it to coat it in oil. cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp cloth. Let rise at room temp until it has doubled in size, about an hour and half.
6. Gently press down on the dough so some of its air is released.
7. Knead the dough a few turns and then divide it by cutting in half with sharp knife
8. shaoe each half into loaf pans. Place dough loafs into either oiled bread pans or onto flast baking sheet that has been sprinkled with corn meal depending if you want to cook the loaves in pans or directly on stone
9. Let rise again this time to about half its volume. Bout 45 minutes. the dough should be peeking over the top of the pans
10. Put dough in preheated oven bake for 40-50 minutes at 350
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2300g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 668 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.2g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.5g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 838.5mg||29 %|
|Potassium 23285.3mg||613 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1235.4g||363 %|
|Dietary Fiber 277.1g||1108 %|
|Sugars, other 958.4g|
|Protein 424.8g||607 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6685
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!