1. Melt the ghee or butter in a large flameproof casserole, add the onions and garlic and fry over a gentle heat, stirring frequently, for 5 mins until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the spices and salt to taste. Fry, stirring, for 1-2 mins until fragrant, then add the chicken and stir well to coat in the spice mixture. Increase the heat to moderate and fry, stirring frequently, for about 10 mins or until the chicken has changed colour on all sides.
3. Add half the yogurt and fry, stirring, for 5 mins or until all of the yoghurt has been absorbed.
4. Stir in the water, add 1/2 tsp salt, cover and simmer over a gentle heat, strirring occassionally, for about 20 mins.
5. Add the spinach, stir well to mix, cover and simmer for a further 10 mins, or until the spinach has wilted and the chicken is cooked. Taste and then add more salt if necessary. Serve hot, drizzled with the remaining yoghurt.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (116g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 12.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 216.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 10.1g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 60
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.