- Wash and soak 1 cup of green whole moong dal for atleast 8 hours, or overnight
- Pressure cook the moong daal, with a little salt and turmeric pwdr, for 3 whistles, then turn off. Continue below while the daal boils.
- Heat 1 tBsp oil/ghee in a kadhai, on low heat
- Make a paste out of 1 medium tomato and 3-4 green chillies
- Once oil/ghee is hot, add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp hing, 1/2 tsp turmeric pwdr
- Add 4 dry red chillis, 4 cloves, 15 black pepper corns, 2 tsp coriander pwdr, fry a little
- Add 2 tsp ginger paste, fry a little
- Add tomato-chilli paste, 1/2 red chilli pwdr
- Fry till oil separates from the masala
- By now, the pressure in the pressure cooker should have normalized
- Add the boiled daal to the masala, increase the heat to medium
- Add garam masala, coriander, cook for a few minutes, adjust consistency
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!