1. Bring stock to a low simmer in a medium pot.
2.Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute.
3. Cook onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add rice and a pinch of salt.
5. Saute until rice is translucent, 1-2 minutes.
6. Add wine and saffron, bring to a simmer, stirring, until rice has absorbed most of stock.
7. Continue adding stock, allowing rice to absorb it before adding the next ladleful.
8. Cook until rice is al dente and mixture is a little loose.
9. Stir in butter.
10. Turn off heat.
11. Stir in grated cheese.
12. Cover and let sit 2 minutes. Garnish each bowl with shavings, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (294g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 18.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 385.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 288.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.2g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 51.4g|
|Protein 10.8g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 362
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!