1. From the salmon fillets, trim away any of the dark bits that may have been left behind from the skin as this tends to give the salmon a strong flavor. Pull out any of the remaining pin bones.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop up the salmon into a fine dice and place it into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the chopped green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, hot sauce and dill weed, and gently mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, slightly beat the egg then pour into the salmon mixture.
5. Using your hands, gently mix in the egg and the cereal to bind everything together. (The mixture will be a little loose.)
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and divide the salmon mixture into six patties. Place the patties on the baking sheet and place them in the freezer for 30 to 40 minutes to make sure they hold their form while grilling.
7. To grill the salmon burgers, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly coat the grates with olive oil.
8. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on their thickness. Serve immediately, topped with Avocado Aïoli.
1. Peel and seed the avocados and place them in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a fork, mash the avocados until creamy.
3. Add the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and hot sauce. Combine until all is incorporated.
4. Fold in the mayonnaise and season with a little salt and pepper. Serve on top of the salmon burgers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (336g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 206 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.9g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.1g|
|Cholesterol 119mg||37 %|
|Sodium 678.8mg||23 %|
|Potassium 933.9mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 40.2g|
|Protein 35.8g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 528
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.