Note: Often I find sushi-grade fish can only be found frozen, but this recipe works well with frozen salmon. If using frozen, do not thaw the fish completely before cutting it-- it will be easier to slice thinly.
1. Sprinkle a medium platter with half the salt. Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and slice on the bias into strips very thinly. Place slices in a single layer on top of the salted platter.
2. Sprinkle the shallots, lemon zest, capers, parsley and chives over top of the salmon. Squeeze the juice of the lemons over top, to taste.
3. Add tabasco sauce (if using) and EVOO, drizzling over the top of the fish.
4. Top with the remaining salt and pepper. Allow to sit 30 min- 2 hrs, refrigerating until serving.
5. Serve with cucumber and water crackers if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (231g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 121 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.4g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 131.8mg||41 %|
|Sodium 176.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 1044.4mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 53.1g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 352
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!